Saturday, October 31, 2015

A start point ( to the first chapter ).


It is time to write my story.
This is the finished rough intro to the first chapter, and there is no verbal punctuation.

These Crossroads Are Parallel 

Well that is just a lie.  
She says it long and slow.. 
Just as she may be drawing a sword out of a sheath, with her back to me.  
With the undertones that state I will not defy her again.  
No.  
This I know was a mistake in the first place. 
He is not my Father. 
I repeat my sentence.  
My accusation.  
My death sentence.  
This is my good bye. 
Did you hear me?  
She turns around with a fury that I have learned to fear.
At the rage that ends with aching.  
My mind hurts.  
I squeeze my hand a little more.  
Letting the tension ease the stress.  
With my 2 thumbs finding their place on the second knuckle of my pointer fingers.  
I can feel it though, the pounding in my ears.  
The waiting.  
While she stands there staring at a wall.  
Pretending not to hear me..  
Though her ears work well, her eyes often fail her.  
Today especially I make a point not to make eye contact. 
18 years old and graduated from High School. 
I had left home still 15 years old. 
1 month before my 16th birthday. 
There was a miscommunication.  
One where I tried hard to succeed.  
To work.  
To finish school.  
I tried hard not to follow in my moms footsteps. 
Sometimes I believed I would never see her again. 
This woman who was raised in a home where all roads met together.
They all crossed.  
She might have made a decent life for herself...  
If I had not arrived on the scene. 
1 month before her 17th birthday.

No comments: